Arauwiel

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Have you seen...

Sobie
    Sobie

Have you seen... Empty Have you seen...

Post by Sobie Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:12 pm

.. The Marvelous Breadfish?
    Have you seen... Mbf_by_kirinaohin-d8l3bb0
    Swimming in the ocean waters lives the Marvelous Breadfish (Marvelosa panispiscis).
    It spawns upriver like a salmon, and can be found both in fresh and salt water.

Hailed as 'the inverse sandwich', this species has an overdeveloped adipose fin that now encompasses its entire body. This store of fat is riddled with nerve endings to sense its surroundings and give early detection of predators, as it is not as agile as other fish species that have pectoral and pelvic fins.

An awe to fisherman and sharks from their taste, breadfish attempt to camouflage themselves among rocks in sand or silt, and come in several varieties, though the Marvelous Breadfish subspecies is the most well known.

Adult breadfish are sometimes referred to as 'loaves', with young breadfish referred to as 'rolls' or 'buns'.

Breadfish species include:
    Have you seen... Mbf_by_kirinaohin-d8x3bie
    Have you seen... Sourdoughbreadfish_by_kirinaohin-d8l4116Have you seen... Bagettebreadfish_by_kirinaohin-d8l4egmHave you seen... Pumpernicklebreadfish_by_kirinaohin-d8l4jav

Last edited by Sobie on Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:16 am; edited 4 times in total
    Ahadi
    Ahadi
    Admin

Have you seen... Empty Re: Have you seen...

Post by Ahadi Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:42 pm

My dragon don't want none unless you got.... some marvelous breadfish buns.
    Kahlan
    Kahlan

Post by Kahlan Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:40 pm

Love the drawings! However, these guys are easy prey with no pectoral fins. Razz GOOD FOR THE EATING.
    Sobie
    Sobie

Post by Sobie Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:00 pm

Yeah I know, tried to compensate with the camo and sensory stuff, but might as well let them reproduce like crazy too xD

Or maybe Di's idea about them being hallucinogenic, so, they're something you would eat if you needed to, but the average creature wouldn't make it a go to thing. Good idea for another filler species though, something that doesn't mind constantly tripping could eat these regularly xD

I'd also like to think that, if the drug-route, that cooking them would concentrate the toxins, but each species would have slightly different effects (whitebread makes you loopy, pumpernickel gives a bad trip, baguettefish maybe an aphrodisiac, sourdough.... I dunno, leg spasms?). Some species would maybe be non-toxic, or would need to be cooked correctly to not get side effects.

Any ideas or suggestions?
    For more bread types I have a croissant planned, just not done.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:32 am